As you are aware, Frankston Basketball sought member feedback recently regarding basketball faciliti...read more
Frankston Basketball, in partnership with our read more
As you may be aware, in 2014 the State Government of Victoria committed $2.5million to kick-start th...read more
Since late 2017 the Frankston & District Basketball Association (FDBA) has been reviewing its op...read more
Facilities update (16/11/...
Stats for Female Particip...
Important update regardin...
FDBA Facility Communicati...
As basketball continues to increase in participation in the Frankston region, so too does the construction of appropriately designed & managed facilities for the sport’s future.
Since Frankston City Council withdraw their support of the much needed expansion of Frankston basketball stadium, Frankston Basketball has been working with Carrum Downs Secondary College and Monterey Secondary College to support the construction of additional indoor basketball courts on both schools’ respective campuses.
These projects will be transformational for the Carrum Downs and Frankston North regions where basketball continues to be the sport of choice.
How people can support
- Complete poll: $2.5 Million of State Investment Committed in Basketball
- Share on Facebook linking in State MPs / Premier
Join the FDBA’s facility sub-committee
The FDBA’s facility sub-committee is made up of passionate parents & volunteers connected by their shared passion for hoops. The objective of this committee is to see more money invested by government into basketball facilities in the Frankston region. As Frankston’s largest participated team sport, basketball continues to grow in participation, especially at the U8 – U12 boys & girls age groups.
The sub-committee sits independent of FDBA operations and works with government stakeholders on projects which will benefit families involved in our great game.
The sub-committee’s guiding principles are based on:
- continue making the sport of basketball financially accessible to players and families
- design and constructing basketball facilities which are conveniently located with adequate car parking and access to public transport
- new facilities are built with the capacity to have additional courts added to them in the future as the sport of basketball grows