Dear Members and the Frankston Community,
The Board of the Frankston & District Basketball Association (FDBA) is pleased to release our updated Core Values and Strategic Pan, to direct the Association’s efforts over the next 5 years (2019 – 2023).
|Value all volunteers||We treat all participants equally||We treat everyone with respect||We are open transparent, honest and direct with respect||We set and drive the expectations of the Association||We provide direction for the members|
|Develop and engage social partnerships||We provide participation opportunities for all||We promote positive engagement between players and officials||We play by the Association rules||We review best practice and create efficiencies||We expertly manage the Association|
|Value and appreciate club contribution||We provide participation opportunities for all||We proactively and consistently deal with matters||We provide a professional and consistent service||We actively encourage involvement|
|We are progressive|
5 Year Strategic Plan – 2019 – 2023A Plan for the ongoing prosperity and development of the Frankston and District Basketball Association and the game of Basketball in the region
The Frankston And District Basketball Association is comprised of member clubs and affiliates.
The members elect Directors to be accountable to them for:
- Setting the strategic direction of the association and its implementation, within the constitutional framework.
- Acting in the best interests of the Association and its stakeholders at all times.
- Good governance and compliance
- In turn the Directors, through the Chairman, delegate responsibility for the day to day operations to the General Manager.
- Overseeing the operations of the Association.
- Ensuring member clubs and stakeholders are kept informed on all relevant matters.
In this context the Directors and the General Manager have completed a review of the existing strategic plan and of the performance against that plan. As a result a new 5 year plan has been developed through to 2023. Member clubs and stakeholders are encouraged to review the plan and contribute to its further development.
The plan is:
- Intended to represent the aspirations, views, and understanding of the majority of member clubs and stakeholders.
- Subject to ongoing assessment and updating. Planning is an interactive process.
- A driver for behaviour and performance for the entire Association in ensuring proper conduct which is fair and equitable.
- The blueprint and guide for the setting of operational plans and KPI’s.
- Meant to the extent practicable to be consistent and complimentary with the plans of other relevant organisations (e.g. Basketball Victoria), and member clubs of the Frankston District Basketball Association.
The Frankston And District Basketball Association will by any measure be acknowledged as the leading community sports organisation in Australia.
The Association will engage, promote and facilitate the playing and development of basketball for the benefit of all participants at all levels throughout the region.
Strategic Pillars & Priorities:
Support clubs to ensure they are effectively managed and sustainable into the future.
- Proactively support clubs on appropriate systems and initiatives to maximise player recruitment and retention from their local area.
- Conduct reviews of club planning and financial status to identify clubs in need of assistance/improvement.
- Provide appropriate training and support for club volunteers and support clubs in ways to recruit and retain volunteers.
- Ensure all coaches and officials are appropriately accredited.
- Provide Club support to ensure compliance.
- Communicate key information with clubs in a concise and timely manner.
- Work with clubs to increase engagement within the broader community to increase awareness, memberships and sponsorship opportunities.
- Engage and deliver health, well being and support programs to our clubs to assist in community health and well being.
Drive participation initiatives across the community, add new market segments and manage all competitions to ensure they are high quality and competitive.
- Nurture the growth and development of female participation to ensure longer term sustainability, inclusivity and embrace diversity
- By the end of the plan ensure all clubs have female representation.
- Manage the competitions to ensure rules are appropriate and enforced.
- Continue to invest, retain and grow FDBA refereeing at all levels to ensure games are managed to a high standard.
- Continue to invest in participation at the grass roots levels Hoops/Schools to deliver industry leading programs for participants and coaches.
COMMUNITY & PARTNERSHIPS
Partner with all levels of government, sponsors, partners and the wider community to deliver jointly beneficial outcomes.
- Promote and support a selected Charity across the Association to maximise fundraising opportunities and promote awareness.
- Promote the benefits of exercise and healthy living to improve mental health and fitness.
- Deliver fun and engaging Health and Wellness education programs to all clubs.
- Promote and celebrate the benefits of diversity and inclusivity through social media, game days and events.
- Liaise with clubs, councils and government to assist in the development and improvement of facilities at FDBA venues.
- Work collaboratively with BV and other Associations to grow and develop basketball .
- Work with all levels of Government in the implementation of community health and safety initiatives and other mutually beneficial initiatives.
Embrace contemporary governance standards and technology and explore initiatives to drive increased functionality, streamline processes and enhance reporting capability.
- Use technology enhancements to reduce the administrative workload on club volunteers and Association administration
- Attract, recruit, develop and retain high quality people at both the Association and club level
- Maintain on-line activities as a key focus and provide appropriate investment and resources to support this.
- Develop and implement a Social media strategy that maximises awareness and promotion of the FDBA brand, our clubs and our partners.
- Invest in training and development, our culture and live the FDBA values each day
- Ensure Governance practises are adhered to at all times
Build the financial resources to deliver opportunities for the benefit of both the Association and FDBA clubs.
- Continue to build and promote the FDBA brand to the wider community.
- Ensure contemporary Governance standards are practiced in all aspects of financial management at all times.
- Conduct ongoing reviews of the financial status of the FDBA and its clubs.
- Deliver sponsor programs that maximise exposure to existing and new Association sponsors.
- Leverage commercial partnerships to the benefit of both the FDBA and FDBA clubs.
- Create sponsorship packages that better reflect the commercial value we offer through social and mass media.
- Deliver funding from partners that enables the Association to keep basketball as one of Australia’s lowest cost participation sports.
Redevelop the Frankston Basketball Stadium and maintain the current facility.
- Redevelop the Frankston Basketball stadium to cope with the growth in participation.
- Continue to maintain the current stadium to the satisfaction of patrons.
- Build relationships with all levels of Government to work on mutually beneficial projects.
- Ensure the facility provides a safe environment for all patrons.
- Ensure the facility provides for the needs of our patrons in terms of catering.