The following announcement was made by the Victorian Government at 10.30 am on Sunday 24 May 2020 (Full Announcement). Please be patient as the Association works with Basketball Victoria to determine what restrictions apply to the new guidelines. Further information will be announced in the very near future from the FDBA front office.
Easing of restrictions from 11:59pm on Sunday 21 June
The Victorian Government has announced the gradual easing of restrictions from 11:59 pm on Sunday 21 June 2020.
In line with the most up-to-date advice of the Chief Health Officer, the following changes will take place.
Sports and recreation
- Indoor sports centres and venues can open with up to 20 people per space, with a limit of up to 10 people per group/activity at any one time for those aged over 18 years old.
- A staggered approach to the return of community sport will begin from 11:59 pm on 21 June:
- Resumption of full-contact training and competition for people 18 years and under
- Resumption of non-contact competition for people aged over 18 years (indoors and outdoors)
- From 13 July: resumption of full-contact training for adults
- From 20 July: resumption of competition for adults
- Changing rooms and showers can open for sporting and recreational facilities, including swimming pools