It’s been a tough few weeks within the refereeing group, Thursday we said our goodbyes to one of our long...
JUNIOR DOMESTIC COMPETITIONS
FDBA welcomes registrations from new and existing teams.
The registration period will be open for twice a year leading up to the commencement of the Winter and Summer seasons.
All teams and players in FDBA Junior Competitions must register with an affiliated club.
- U8, U10, U12 & U14 – Saturday
- U16, U18 & U21 – Monday after school
- U8, U10, U12 & U14 – Saturday
- U16 – Wednesday after school
- U18 & U21 – Thursday after school
- Timing – 2 x 18minute halves / 45 minute schedule
- Venues – Frankston Stadium, Langwarrin Stadium (EMC), Bonbeach Stadium, Flinders College, John Paul College, McClelland College and Monash Peninsula (subject to competition size)
- U8, U10, U12 & U14 (Saturday) – Games are played between 8:30am – 7:00pm. Generally U8 – U10 games are scheduled from 8:30am, U12 in the early afternoon and U14 from mid-afternoon.
- U16, U18 & U21 (Mid-Week competitions) – Games are generally scheduled at 4:45pm, 5:30pm & 6:15pm. 7.00pm games may be scheduled if required. The majority of games for these age groups are scheduled at Frankston Stadium, with Langwarrin used subject to total entries received each season.
SEASON DATES & STRUCTURE
- Summer Season – Term 4 and Term 1 of Victorian School term dates.
- Winter Season – Term 2 and Term 3 of Victorian School term dates.
- Competition Dates – Games are not scheduled on public holidays or school holidays. Refer to competition calendars for exact dates of current season.
- Grading Phases:
- Phase 1 – Rounds 1 – 2. These games do not count towards season ladder.
- Phase 2 – Rounds 3 – 4. These games do not count towards season ladder
- Confirmation Phase – Rounds 5 – 6. These games are played for premiership points.
- Finals Phase – Top 4 in two round playoff format:
- Winning teams advance to the Grand Final.
- Losing teams advance to the Bronze Medal game.
Players are required to pay fees directly to Basketball Victoria via PlayHQ as well as fees to their club.
Basketball Victoria PlayHQ registration fees:
- Child / Junior (17 and under) = $25.00
- Adult / Senior (18 or over) = $39.00
Provides 12 months registration activated from the date of the members first game. Includes insurance and eligibility to participate in all sanctioned leagues, events and competitions.
Clubs fees are variable and cover their operating costs.
Summer 2019/20 Season:
- U8 = $43.00 (1 referee)
- U10 = $50.00
- U12 – U16 = $55.00
- U18 – U21 = $60.00
Winter 2020 Season:
- U8 = $45.00 (1 referee)
- U10 = $52.00
- U12 – U16 = $57.00
- U18 – U21 = $62.00
Based on member feedback teams wanted a deterrent for forfeits as it was an inconvenience for teams and this deterrent was to apply fines at above the normal team sheet rate. The FDBA are often bound to pay referees; incur fixed cost expenses even when forfeits are pre-notified. Notifying teams once a forfeit has been advised adds an administrative burden on the FDBA. The FDBA will endeavor to accommodate all prior requests, but can not guarantee game times can be changed. FDBA understands that unforeseen circumstances can arise whereby it may not be possible to play. With advanced warning (at least 1 week) the FDBA will endeavor to assist to help ensure the scheduled match can proceed. Notifying the FDBA the day before or the day you cannot play, is not advanced warning.
- U8 = $90.00
- U10 = $104.00
- U12 – U16 = $114.00
- U18 – U21 = $124.00
Un-notified forfeits incur an additional $40.00 fee.
Games times and venues are available via clicking HERE
Fixtures are subject to change and should be checked regularly. Teams are advised NOT to print fixtures.
All teams and their members must be familiar with FDBA Competition By-Laws and Basketball Victoria Codes of Conduct. These documents are available from the FDBA website.
By registering and playing at FDBA all members agree to the following;
- The team will abide by the FDBA By-Laws and Participant Behaviour Policy
- The team will comply with BV Codes of Conduct.
- The team will comply with all requirements in relation to Working With Children Check legislation.
- The team will ensure that all fees, match payments and fines incurred will be paid promptly.
Please click HERE for Age Group Classification for Winter 2020 and Summer 2020/21 Seasons
The Junior Competition Committee (JCC) is an FDBA Sub-Committee.
Each season FDBA will call for nominations for the JCC from affiliated domestic clubs. The committee’s primary role is to oversee the grading of all junior domestic competitions.
Committee members shall be appointed as a grading secretary or grading assistant. The committee is chaired by a member of the FDBA match committee and all members are required to declare any conflicts of interest on the nomination form. The committee must consist of at least 9 members.
The JCC shall meet a minimum of 3 times during each competition season:
- Prior to round 1 – initial grading pool allocation
- Post Grading Phase 1
- Post Grading Phase 2
Additional meetings may be scheduled at the discretion of the chair.
Grading secretaries are allocated to oversee a specific age group and submit grading recommendations to the committee following the completion of each grading phase.
Grading assistants support the grading secretaries and may be allocated to a single age group or multiple age groups. The responsibilities of each grading assistant are determined at the first JCC meeting each season. A grading secretary may also be appointed as a grading assistant for another age group.
New members are always welcome, please direct enquiries to the FDBA office.
Please click the link below to download the JCC nomination form:
Basketball Victoria provides a level of insurance to all registered members of Affiliated Associations.
Basketball Victoria’s insurance provider is V-Insurance Group (Corporate Authorised Representative of Willis) and details regarding the level of coverage can be found via the
- What is covered? Downloadable Copy of the Summary of Cover Brochure for Victoria
- Certificate of Currency – Contact details for Victoria
- Download Documents – Public Liability/Professional Indemnity, Personal Accident & Association Liability Policy schedules and wordings and Personal Accident Claim Form
- Match Day Checklist and Guidelines
- How to Make a Claim
V-Insurance Group Pty Ltd
Level 28, Angel Place, 123 Pitt Street, Sydney NSW 2000
P: 02 8599 8660 or toll free 1300 945 547