Regional Academy is pleased to announce that in 2019 we will be launching our first Sporting Schools Program. With the...
Sporting Schools is a $200 million Australian Government initiative designed to help schools to increase children’s participation in sport, and to connect them with community sporting opportunities.
Research shows that an early connection to sport can positively influence participation and encourage a lifelong love of sport.
Sport Australia has partnered with more than 30 national sporting organisations (NSOs) to deliver sport before, during and after school hours.
Sporting Schools programs are provided free to children and their families, underpinned by the quality assurance of NSO-endorsed sporting products.
Sporting Schools is committed to helping sport, schools and communities work closer than ever to increase sport delivery and participation in schools.
Sporting Schools provides a program for primary schools and a targeted program for Year 7 and 8 students in secondary schools. Find out more about how the program works or view some example case studies.
Since Sporting Schools started in 2015, over 6,900 schools have received funding. This has provided more than four million participant opportunities to get students active, engaged and have fun while sampling a variety of different sports.
STEP 1. Register your school
Schools only need to register once with Sporting Schools as it covers the duration of the school’s participation in the program. Before registering your school, you must first register as a website user. Once you have activated your account, complete the following steps to ‘Register a school’:
- Login using your Sporting Schools username (email address) and password
- Click on the ‘My School’ tab and select ‘Register a School’
- Enter your school’s details into the online form (school postcode, School details, School contacts)
- Complete the process with Principal confirmation
STEP 2. Apply for funding
Eligible primary schools can apply for funding each term to deliver Sporting Schools activities before, during or after school hours using one of our national sporting organisation partners.
STEP 3. Book a basketball program
The Booking System is an online platform for schools to make a booking request for a basketball Sporting Schools program package. Prior to making a booking request please review the program parameters and terms and conditions.
Your nominated school contact (Sporting Schools Coordinator, Principal or Finance Contact) can:
- Use their Sporting Schools username (email) and password to login to the school account
- Select ‘Booking System’ and click ‘Make a Booking’
- Search for a basketball sports package that meets the schools needs
- Select the basketball sports package(s) by clicking ‘Apply’
- Complete the booking request details and submit your request