Frankston Basketball (FDBA) are proud to launch the ‘Turn It Up’ parent/coach/spectator behavior program.
Lead by Frankston’s own Abby Chernishoff, the program will be rolled across domestic clubs/teams to help educate parents on best practices at junior sports.
The program will address;
- Providing a framework to promote good parent behavior.
- Awareness of spectator expectations
- Increase parent ownership and accountability
- Promotion of program amongst referees
- Give the game back to the kids and increase player enjoyment.
- Providing a safe environment for everyone to enjoy.
Endorsed in partnership with our beloved clubs and the VBRA Frankston Branch, the program will host its first session with the St Anne Avengers this Sunday morning.
The ‘Turn It Up’ resources including posters and information document can be found HERE
Have you ever…
- Heard another spectator coaching from the sidelines?
- Been a sideline coach yourself?
- Heard another spectator saying demeaning or inappropriate things to players, refs, or coaches during a game?
- Been caught saying similar things yourself?
- Been caught in a situation like those aforementioned, and been too afraid to say anything as to not escalate the situation?
Now you have something simple and meaningful to say… TURN IT UP!