Frankston Blues (FDBA) last night announced their new Blues Stay Ready program for all existing and potential new Junior Blues players.
Running for four weeks, the program is designed to form an at-home pre-season, in anticipation of the upcoming 2021/22 VJBL season.
Each week offers 8 live Zoom sessions, which will be lead by the clubs NBL1 and Youth League players.
All sessions will be recorded and uploaded to the Blues Stay Ready landing page for those that wish to do in their own time.
The sessions offered include;
- Bounce (Plyometrics): A session designed at improving athletes vertical leap or “bounce” through technique work and quality reps
- Flex (Mobility): A mobility session including foam rolling and exercises to take athletes through a full range of motion while improving strength in length
- Hoops-Fit (High-Intensity Interval Session): A High Intensity Interval Session that focuses on basketball specific movements and ball handling
- First Step (Sprint Technique): This session will be focusing on exercises to improve an athletes sprint technique and explosiveness in order to help them blow by an opponent
- 4th Quarter Fitness (Cardio): Build your cardio fitness base back up with skipping, running and full body movements
- F&F (Footwork & Finishing): Footwork and finishing, a session dedicated to working on using proper footwork and different finishing moves to score the ball
- Shot Doctor (Form Shooting): All about shooting, improve your shooting technique by following along with drills designed to improve your transfer of energy, timing and release
- Ball-On-A-String (Ball Handling): Improve your ball handling and learn specific dribble moves to help you get by your defender or create space for your shot
To gain access to the program and all the resources, please complete the below Intent to Play form for the 2021/2022 VJBL season. By completing this form you will also receive updates regarding tryout dates, times, and processes.