Following the latest announcement from the state government and release of Victoria’s roadmap we can now share the following update.
It is anticipated that basketball will resume in the following sequence:
- National Plan Phase B (70% of 16+ fully vaccinated), indicative date 26 Oct: Outdoor training only
- National Plan Phase C (80% of 16+ fully vaccinated), indicative date 5 Nov: Competitions, programs and indoor training resumes
- National Plan Phase D (80% of 12+ fully vaccinated), indicative date 2 weeks after Phase C: Alignment with national plan, potential for easing of some restrictions
Please note that the dates provided by the roadmap are indicative only.
Resumption of all activities is subject to change based on government approval and public health advice.
Community sport is permitted under Phase C with the minimum number required.
It is expected that the following restrictions will apply when stadium reopen:
- Maximum 1 x coach, team manager and scorer per team (not counted as a spectator)
- Maximum of 1 parent/guardian, per player under the age of 18 (this includes siblings and children)
- Check-in mandatory (QR Code preferred)
- Masks to be worn by all patrons over 12 years of age at all times indoors unless medically exempt. Players, coaches and referees are exempt while on court participating in an exertive role
- Teams must immediately vacate the court and the venue on completion of match
Summer 2021/22 Domestic Competition Season
The summer season will now be shortened by up to 6 weeks.
We will not be extending the season and updated season calendars will be available when we have a confirmed start date.
We intend to offer a flexible registration period over the first 4 weeks of the season similar to the previous Summer 2020/21 season.
Teams will be able to commence from round 1 or later depending on their circumstances.
There will be a designated weekly closing date for each day of competition with registered teams added to the next round of the fixture.
Further details to follow.
The senior team registration fee has been reduced by 50% to $40.00.
We’d like to thank teams that have already registered and paid the full $80.00 fee – your team will be credited $65.00 to cover your first round match fee ($40.00 credit plus an additional $25.00 bonus).
Junior teams should contact your club directly regarding updated registration information.
Size 5 Basketball Implementation for U10 & U12 Competitions
Basketball Victoria have introduced size 5 basketballs for their U12 competitions.
Click HERE to read the summary document and recommendation paper.
All FDBA U10 and U12 domestic competitions will now use a size 5 ball from round 1 of the Summer 2021/22 season.
We intend to begin Term 4 Development Programs as soon as soon as Community sport is permitted under Phase C with the minimum number required.
We will be offering a flexible registration process with no upfront costs and a pay as you go system, more details will be communicated when registrations open.
Junior Blues Tryouts
Information relating to proposed dates for Junior Blues Tryouts will be announced shortly.
If you are a intending to tryout with Frankston Blues for the 2021/2022 VJBL season please complete our Intent to Play form.
This will ensure you receive all the latest updates and can gain access to our Blues Stay Ready programs.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Dion Paull – Operations Manager