As we move closer to a return FDBA is pleased to offer the following update regarding our domestic competitions.
In accordance with the state governments roadmap it is anticipated that basketball will resume in the following sequence:
- National Plan Phase B (70% of 16+ fully vaccinated), indicative date 26 Oct: Outdoor training only
- National Plan Phase C (80% of 16+ fully vaccinated), indicative date 5 Nov: Competitions, programs and indoor training resumes
- National Plan Phase D (80% of 12+ fully vaccinated), indicative date 2 weeks after Phase C: Alignment with national plan, potential for easing of some restrictions
Summer 2021/22 Season
Based on the indicative dates provided in the roadmap we are planning on resuming competitions from Saturday 6th November.
In recognition of the impact of lockdowns and restrictions we will again be offering a flexible registration period for the upcoming season.
Team that are registered prior to the designated closing date each week will be fixtured into the next round of competition.
Fixtures will be published on a weekly basis during this period.
Registration and fixture publication dates:
All senior competition ladders will be determined by points total to ensure that teams that register for round 1 are not disadvantaged.
Updated season calendars are now available:
- Summer 2021/22 Junior Competition Calendar (U10 to U21)
- Summer 2021/22 U8 Competition Calendar
- Summer 2021/22 Senior Competition Calendar
- Summer 2021/22 Monday Morning Ladies Competition Calendar
Senior Registration Fee
The senior team registration fee has been reduced by 50% to $40.00
Note for teams that paid the full $80.00 registration fee – the additional $40.00 plus a $25.00 bonus will be credited to cover your teams first match fee.
You will also be contacted directly regarding this match fee credit.
Community sport is currently permitted under Phase C of the roadmap with the minimum number required.
It is expected that the following restrictions will apply when stadiums reopen:
- Maximum 1 x coach, team manager and scorer per team (not counted as a spectator)
- Maximum of 1 parent/guardian, per player under the age of 18 (this includes siblings and children)
- Check-in mandatory (QR Code preferred)
- Masks to be worn by all patrons over 12 years of age at all times indoors unless medically exempt. Players, coaches and referees are exempt while on court participating in an exertive role
- Teams must immediately vacate the court and the venue on completion of match
FDBA has not been provided information regarding requirements for members to be vaccinated for COVID-19 to participate in community sport.
This will be provided by the state government through Sport & Rec Vic and Basketball Victoria.
FDBA will be required to comply with government regulations.
We look forward to welcoming you all back soon.
Dion Paull – Operations Manager