Following Sunday’s announcement from the Victorian Government, FDBA can confirm a competition return date of Wednesday 3rd November.
Summer 2021/22 Season Registration
Flexible team registrations are available with fixtures published weekly over the first 4 rounds.
Register by the designated closing date each week to be included in the upcoming round:
- Senior teams: PlayHQ Registration Link
- Junior teams: Contact your club
Round 1 registration closes from 30th October.
Registration and fixture publication dates:
A number of restrictions remain in place under the Open Premises Directions.
Note – this document will be updated as per the roadmap from 29th October.
Community sport is permitted to resume for metropolitan Melbourne in Phase C of the roadmap with the minimum number of persons required.
Restrictions will currently be as follows:
- Maximum 1 x coach, team manager and scorer per team (not counted as a spectator)
- Maximum of 1 parent/guardian, per player under the age of 18 (this includes siblings and children)
- Check-in mandatory (QR code preferred)
- Masks to be worn by all patrons over 12 years of age at all times indoors unless medically exempt. Players, coaches and referees are exempt while on court participating in an exertive role
- Teams must immediately vacate the court and the venue on completion of match
It is anticipated that restrictions will be further eased at Phase D of the roadmap (90% fully vaccinated (12+ years) with an indicative date of 24th November.
Please see latest update from Basketball Victoria at the link below:
Key excerpt below:
We have recently received information from SRV that the Department of Health has confirmed that it is intended that community sport, both indoor and outdoor, is excluded from vaccination requirements if participants are attending solely for that activity.
The exclusion applies to attendees who are necessary to facilitate the community sporting activity, such as participants and volunteers.
Please note that clarity is being sought on this requirement and that this information is subject to change.
Dion Paull – Operations Manager