Following today’s announcement from the Victorian State Government, FDBA will be proceeding with the next step of our staged return of operations.
Please find further information below:
Domestic Competitions (Junior & Senior)
Competitions will resume this Saturday 26th June, as per the updated easing of restrictions. (Statement Acting Premier 23/06/2021)
As per changes in Restrictions from 11:59pm Thursday 24 June; Metropolitan Melbourne, Physical Recreation & Sport, Community Sport
- Open for all ages, training and competition
- Density quotient of 1 person per 4 sqm applies
- Maximum capacity 300 people per indoor space and 1,000 people outdoors
- Spectators allowed within venue and space limits
UPDATE (4:20pm 23/06/2021): In accordance with the Victorian Government restrictions and Basketball Victoria’s ORANGE-50 Guidelines, the following will apply at all venues:
- Maximum 1 x coach, team manager and scorer per team (not counted as a spectator)
- Maximum of 1 spectator per player (this includes siblings and children, not negotiable)
- Sign-in mandatory (QR Code preferred)
- Masks must be worn by all patrons over 12 years of age at all times indoors unless medically exempt. Players, coaches and referees are exempt while on court participating in an exertive role
- Teams must immediately vacate the court and the venue on completion of match
Please note the following:
- All domestic competitions will return from Saturday 26th June
- Postponed round 6 U8 – U14 Boys and Girls matches will be rescheduled for Saturday 26th June, some fixture adjustments may occur.
- Postponed U18 – U21 Boys will resume Thursday 15th July after school holidays. Grading confirmation phased adjusted to 1 round, final grading changes to be reflected in season fixture.
- U16 – U21 Girls will resume Monday 12th July after school holidays.
- U16 Boys will resume Wednesday 14th July after school holidays.
- All senior competitions to resume from Sunday 27th June as per season fixture – matches scheduled during lockdown canceled in accordance with domestic competition by-laws.
Fixtures are currently being updated. Once completed they can be found HERE
Amended domestic competition calendars are now available:
- Winter 2021 Junior Competition Calendar (U10 to U21)
- Winter 2021 U8 Competition Calendar
- Winter 2021 Senior Competition Calendar
- Winter 2021 Monday Morning Ladies Competition Calendar
Development Programs will continue from Friday 25th June, as initially advertised.
Details to be provided directly to members.
Frankston Blues (Juniors & Seniors)
Information regarding Frankston Blues Juniors and Seniors can be found HERE
All resumption dates are indicative only and subject to change pending public health advice.
We appreciate all member’s patience as we work through a safe return to sport.
Wayne Holdsworth – CEO
Wellbeing and Support
Lifelines text-based service: 0477 131 114
Headspace resources: https://headspace.org.au/covid-19/
If there is anything myself or anyone at FDBA can help with during this time please don’t hesitate to contact any staff member