Frankston Basketball are pleased to announce the appointment of Chris Morrey as Referee Advisor.
Chris takes on the role as a highly credentialed referee, who was recently recognised with a 25 years’ service award by Basketball Victoria.
He brings a wealth of experience to the role, including:
- 25+ years domestic competition referee experience
- National Referee Development Program – 2004-2006
- SEABL Referee – 2004-2014
- Australian Sports Commission Officiating Scholarship Holder – 2008
- Gold Medal Game Referee, INAS Global Games (Czech Republic) – 2009
- Referee Commissioner, National Junior Classic – 2012-2013
- VBRA Frankston Branch Committee Member 2012-2019
When asked for his though on his appointment, Morrey said.
“It’s a really exciting time for the referee group at Frankston with a lot of new faces joining the group as well as having some very talented referees who have been around for a number of years.”
“I am excited to be able to continue working with the referees to provide them with programs that will continue their development and help to improve the standards of officiating for all competitions with in the Association”
Frankston Basketball’s Competitions Coordinator Dion Paull believes Chris will be an asset for the Association.
“Chris is a long term contributor of the association and sets an excellent example for our junior referees.”
“He will provide valuable leadership for our growing referee program.”
“I am looking forward to working closely with Chris as we seek to deliver continual improvement in on court referee performance as well as off court development.”
Chris commences in his role as of April 9th 2019.