FDBA continues to take the virus and its impact on society very seriously and recognizes the current climate for youth mental health.
Headspace Frankston have a few helpful tips to maintain a healthy headspace;
- Be mindful of exposure to information through stories, traditional and social media. It can be helpful to take a break from the 24-hour news cycle.
- Do things that make you feel physically and emotionally safe, and be with those who are helpful to your wellbeing
- Engage in activities that promote a sense of calm and feeling grounded (use of alcohol and other drugs can be counterproductive with this).
- 7 tips for a healthy headspace demonstrate simple and effective things that can help people to create and maintain a healthy headspace, irrespective of whether they have been affected by COVID-19 or not.
- It can help to talk with a trusted adult if it all feels a bit much.
FDBA would also like to offer a number of resources available to our members and the local community;
- FDBA Mental Health & Well Being landing page – a simple one-stop-shop for the mentioned.
- Headspace Frankston – headspace Frankston is a health service for young people in Frankston and the Mornington Peninsula. They co-locate with several other youth services and also outreach to the Mornington Peninsula. They are an inclusive service and a safe space for all young people. If you wish to access any of their services, give them a call on (03) 9769 6419. They are voluntary, free, and confidential.
- Headspace (USA) x NBA – In 2019 Headspace (USA) and the NBA/WNBA worked together to create some online mediation sessions. This free meditation series from Headspace and the NBA/WNBA will help you build the mindset you need to reach any kind of goal in life. They also a paid ‘performance’ series program.
If there is anything anyone at FDBA can help with during this time please don’t hesitate to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org