Following the State Government’s announcement on Sunday (06/12/2020), the FDBA staff have met to review the Association’s COVID-19 restrictions.
Currently (2:00 pm 07/12/2020) on the DHHS website; COVIDSafe Summer restrictions states the following:
- You must carry a face mask with you when you leave home
- Wearing a face mask is only mandatory on public transport, while in taxis or ride share vehicles, or when going to large retail venues, including shopping centres, supermarkets and department stores
- Wearing a face mask is strongly recommended indoors and outdoors when you can’t keep 1.5 metres distance from other people
- Record keeping continues to be an important tool for helping Victoria to stay safe and stay open. Businesses that are required to record the details of visitors should use electronic record keeping or QR codes
- There are also changes to the number of people allowed at community facilities such as libraries, sporting facilities (such as gyms), and entertainment facilities (such as cinemas)
And within the ‘COVID Safe Summer Document; From 11:59pm, 6 December 2020,‘ under exercise and recreation;
Indoor physical recreation and community sport: No patron caps with a density quotient of 1 per 4sqm for each space. Gym and exercise classes limited to 50 people (excluding anyone necessary for running the class). COVID Marshals required when gyms are staffed. At times when gyms are unstaffed, a density quotient of 1 per 8 sqm applies. Signage must state the number of people permitted inside, wipes and disinfectant must be supplied for use by patrons, and record-keeping is required and venues with capacity of greater than 500 patrons must publish a COVIDSafe Plan online.
With this updated information the FDBA is implementing the following, effective from 3:00 pm Monday 7th December 2020 unless otherwise advised by key stakeholders or authorities;
- No limitation per team (ie. parents, siblings, friends all permitted)
- The density quota still applies (1 per 4sqm for each space)
- Venue check-in mandatory for all non-player patrons
- To save time, once outside the venue, please use Venue Check-In via our website
- Bio-Saftey Officers are required to sight a confirmation message upon entry
- UPDATED: Change-Over periods no longer apply as of 08/12/2020
- As per DHHS COVIDSafe Summer restrictions, “You must carry a face mask with you when you leave home”
- Face masks will be required during the entry and exit of venues, as 1.5 meters of social distancing in these spaces cannot be maintained
- Once seated, face masks are strongly recommended
The above information applies to FDBA domestic competitions only.
Restrictions are subject to change as advised by key stakeholders and government authorities.
Dion Paull – Operations Manager